AK | AL | AR | AZ | CA | CO | CT | DC | DE | FL | GA | GU | HI | IA | ID | IL | IN | KS
KY | LA | MA | MD | ME | MI | MN | MO | MS | MT | NC | ND | NE | NH | NJ | NM | NV | NY | OH | OK | OR | PA | PR | RI | SC | SD | TN | TX | UT | VA | VT | WA | WI | WV | WY
Certificate of Authority.net
What is a Certificate of Authority?
The first type Certificate of Authority is one that is issued by a Secretary of State which authorizes a business foreign to the state the authority to do business within that state. Other more common phrases for this is a ìCertificate of Authority to Transact Businessî or ìForeign Qualificationî
How to File a Certificate of Authority
††††††††††††††† †††† †Click Here To File A Certificate Of Authority In Any State
An application by a Foreign Corporation for a Certificate of Authority To Transact Business in the state must be prepared and filed. The following information is required on most applications.
1. The name of the corporation
2. Type of corporation - general business corporation, professional corporation, Limited Liability Company
3. The state or country of its origin.
3. The date of its formation or incorporation and its duration
4. The address of the principal office of the Corporation / LLC
5. The address of the proposed registered office / Agent within the state. All states mandate the business to have a registered Agent within the state to serve law suites or to communicate official correspondence to
6. The name and usual business address of the corporation's directors (if the corporation has no
††† directors, then the name and address of the persons who are exercising the statutory authority of the
††† directors on behalf of the corporation) and principal officers:
7. The aggregate number of shares which the corporation has authority to issue, itemized by classes
††† and series, if any, within a class:
8. Unless a delayed date is specified, in most states application shall be effective when accepted for filing by the Secretary of State
The completed application along with the appropriate filing fee and a Certificate of Good Standing or Certificate of Existence from the state of origin must be forwarded to the Secretary of State in the state were the authority to transact business is desired. The attach Certificate of Good Standing / Existence duly authenticated by the official having custody of the corporate records in the state or country under whose law the corporation is incorporated. Most state will not accept this certificate if it is more than 60 days old.
Samples of Certificates of Authority
Certificate of Authority File Online
††††††††††††††† If you have any additional questions, you can reach us at 1-800-443-8177.
Certificate Authority (CA) / SSL Certificates
The second major type is called a Certificate Authority (CA). This is a third party that issues digital certificates to online internet businesses for the security of ecommerce. The purpose of the Certificate Authority is to verify and give assurance to the user that anyone exchanging personal information such as name, address, social security, credit card, bank account and any other sensitive information transmitted in an encrypted form between the user and operator of the website. The digital certificate acts as a positive indicator that your transactions with the website are in a secure, encrypted fashion. Without this technology there would be very little trust with the public at large when using web sites in purchasing products and services.
The business who orders the Certificate Authority is required to be verified by supplying its name, address, phone, other business records such as proof of† existence of its corporation or limited liability company. Upon satisfaction that the applicant is a legitimate business enterprise †the Certificate Authority issues a digital certificate that binds the ID and public encryption key to the website's secure server. When a customer connects to the secure server, the digital certificate issued by the Certificate Authority will be passed to the customer's browser. The browser checks it to make sure it's in order before accepting the encrypted session.